There are few places in the world as beautiful as the terrain surrounding Moots’ hometown of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. You can experience them in person at the Moots Colorado Ranch Rally, a 50-mile cyclosportive on June 28.
Only five miles of this route are paved, the rest feature rural dirt and gravel roads that connect local historical ranges and farms. You pass by historic Elk Mountain Cemetery, climb up to Mystic, touch the Wolf Mountain area and descend down Deep Creek before the rolling hills of County Road 52E and a finish up the small climb over Fly Gulch.
The ride starts and ends at Moots World Headquarters in Steamboat Springs. This is a non-timed, non-competitive ride. You can ride at your own pace or with the group around you. There are no awards other than the amazing scenery around Steamboat the folks you meet along the way.
There will be one big winner though. When you register you will be entered to a drawing for a Moots Psychlo X frame!
Moots is also partnering with the Community Agriculture Alliance to showcase the importance of the local ranches and farms in the area. All proceeds from the event will go to CAA.
This route will pass several Centennial Farms and Ranches of Routt County. At the conclusion of the ride lunch will be served at a working ranch that is on the route. Later that evening riders will meet at Moots headquarters for an evening of factory tours, adult beverages, snacks and the drawing for the Moots frame.
The event is limited to 100 riders—first come, first serve! Sign up now to make sure you get a spot.
What you get
- Lunch at a nearby ranch
- Moots factor tour
- Entered into the Moots frame drawing just for this event
- Event t-shirt
- Event water bottle
- Route cue sheet
- Event bandana
- Locally raised beef jerky
- Evening social at Moots HQ
- Amazing ride through Routt county
- Half way point aid-station
- Mingle with Moots staff during ride and social evening
- 50 mile distance
- Event date: Saturday June 28, 2014
- Packet pick up: Friday June 27, 4-7 p.m. and Saturday June 28, 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Ride start time: June 28, 9 a.m. sharp from Moots HQ
- Evening social at Moots HQ from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. that evening