We do a lot of bike commuting here at the Bicycle Times / Dirt Rag offices. Why not carry on with our riding ways while in Las Vegas for Interbike?
For the second year in a row, the staff will be riding to the indoor show at the Sands Convention Center from our rental house each day, plus to various after-show activities, on a fine fleet of bikes that would otherwise be sitting in a truck somewhere after the Outdoor Demo prelude to the show. (The bikes no doubt appreciate their freedom.)
After the Interbike dust has settled, we’ll be posting mini-reviews of these bikes on this very website.
Here’s the lineup of companies thus far who have generously agreed to help us get our daily pedaling fix:
- BH – Gira singlespeed/fixie
- Breezer – a townie sort of bike
- Brompton – a folding bike
- Charge – Plug, another singlespeed/fixie
- Civia – Loring utility bike
- Currie – Urban Cruiser Enlightened, an electric-assist bike
- Dahon – another folder
- Gates / Spot – belt drive!
- Raleigh – one of many to choose from
- Rans – the Hammertruck recumbent cargo bike
As you can see, we’ve got quite the motley crew. Check both Bicycle Times and Dirt Rag next week for the goings-on at Interbike, and remember to keep on checking afterward, to see how our borrowed fleet fares. We’d better be careful the traditional derby around the pool doesn’t get out of hand…Tweet Print