To celebrate the beauty and spirit of bicycle travel, the Adventure Cycling Association invites you to submit your best bicycle-touring videos to the second annual Bicycle Travel Video Contest on Vimeo. Submissions are welcome from now through June 30.
Best Long Distance Tour Video: Submit your best narrative or experimental video about a long-distance bike tour (weeklong or longer). Submissions must not exceed 7 minutes in length.
Best Short Tour Video: Submit your best narrative or experimental video about a bike tour of one to six nights in length. Submissions must capture the experience of a tour of this duration specifically, in other words, not one to six nights of a longer tour. Submissions must not exceed 3 minutes in length.
Best Portrait of a Traveling Cyclist: Submit your best narrative or experimental video profile of a touring cyclist. Self-profiles are acceptable. Submissions must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
All videos, regardless of category, will be considered for the Bike Travel Spirit Award, awarded by the judges to the video that they feel best captures the spirit of bicycle travel and touring. They will also be eligible for the People’s Choice Award, awarded to the video garnering the most “likes” on Vimeo. To vote, create an account on Vimeo (it’s free and quick) and then click on the “like” button.
Awards and Prizes
The volunteer judges, themselves touring cyclists, will name one winner for each of the three submission categories. They will also choose the winner of the Bike Travel Spirit Award. The judges’ decisions are final. The winning videos will be highlighted on Adventure Cycling’s blog and social-media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. Winners will also be announced in ‘Adventure Cyclist‘ magazine. The winners in the three submission categories will receive a two-year membership with Adventure Cycling and a $500 gift certificate for the Cyclosource store. The winner of the Bike Travel Spirit Award will receive a $300 gift certificate for the Cyclosource store.
How to Enter
- Upload your videos to your Vimeo account.
- Tag your video with the appropriate category tag:
- Best Long Distance Tour Video submissions should be tagged with LongDistanceTourACA2014.
- Best Short Tour Video submissions should be tagged with ShortTourACA2014.
- Best Portrait of a Traveling Cyclist submissions should be tagged with TravelingCyclistACA2014.
- Join the Bicycle Travel Video Contest Group hosted by Adventure Cycling Association.
- Add your video to the contest group
- Send a private message to Adventure Cycling on Vimeo with the following information so we can be sure that we’re able to reach you:
- First and last name
- Vimeo Name
- Valid email address
- Valid physical mailing address
- The direct URL to your submissions on Vimeo indicating the category to which each was submitted
Be sure to read the full rules before submitting. Submissions will be accepted through June 30, 2014.
At the top is “Northern Europe By Bike”, by Stefan Böhm of Germany, the winner of the 2013 Best Long Distance Tour Video and the Bike Travel Spirit Award.